Multiple Diocese' Still Reeling Under Sex Abuse Lawsuits
In Wake of Lawsuit, Diocese of Orange Offers Sympathy For Priest’s
The Diocese of Orange issued a statement today expressing sympathy for the victims of the priest who served there more than 30 years ago.
— lawestmedia (@lawestmedia) March 16, 2017
Judge recuses self in 2 clergy sex abuse cases
Perez’s recusals in the cases filed by former altar boys Anthony C. Flores and Michael Chargualaf marked the 85th and 86th disqualification memos by local judges assigned to hear childhood sexual abuse lawsuits against the Archdiocese of Agana and …
Ex-Catholic school student files lawsuit alleging abuse by Guam priest
In 2010, the archdiocese reported Cepeda had been removed as a priest after it investigated serious allegations of sexual abuse, according to Pacific Daily News files.
At the time, the archdiocese said Cepeda also had been reported to civil authorities.
At least 25 clergy sex abuse cases consolidated
U.S. District Court of Guam Magistrate Judge Joaquin V.E. Manibusan on Friday afternoon approved a joint request by attorneys for the Archdiocese of Agana and at least 25 former altar boys to consolidate all of the clergy sex abuse cases filed in …
3 new clergy sex abuse allegations investigated
The Archdiocese of Agana is investigating three new allegations of clergy sex abuse brought forward in the last few weeks, Deacon Leonard Stohr said Thursday.
Stohr, the archdiocese’s sexual abuse response coordinator since August, said the three …
— Sam Wilkinson (@samwilkinson) March 13, 2017
— therealdeal (@podobensky) March 11, 2017
Archdiocese claims financial hardship, sets aside $1M to pay for counseling, support of clergy sex abuse victims. https://t.co/Ptd9hoJLvv
— Guam PDN (@GuamPDN) March 8, 2017
Archdiocese starts fund for sex abuse victims with $1M
SETTLEMENT FUND: Coadjutor Archbishop Michael Jude Byrnes held a March 8 press conference to announce the establishment of a settlement fund of $1 million by the Archdiocese of Agana.
The archdiocese said the fund would be used to aid victims of …
NY Archdiocese Launches Effort to Reach More Sex Abuse Victims
The Archdiocese of New York launched an outreach effort in March in an attempt to locate local victims of priest sex abuse who have yet to come forward with claims.
It’s the second phase of a two-part program to address the scandal as it affected …
Guam archbishop: Settlements promising end to abuse lawsuits
Byrnes, the current leader of Guam’s Catholic Church, says financial settlements could be a good solution for the archdiocese, which is facing $115 million in civil lawsuits alleging child sexual abuse at the hands of priests.
NY Catholic Church Seeks $100 Million Loan To Pay Priest Sex Abuse Victims
The land under the Villard Houses, on Madison Avenue between 50th and 51st Streets, is owned by the Archdiocese of New York.
The archdiocese asked a state court on Monday for permission to take out a loan against the land to pay sex abuse victims.
New Ulm Diocese files for bankruptcy following sex abuse lawsuits
The Diocese of New Ulm, which covers 15 counties in rural south and west-central Minnesota, said in a statement that filing for bankruptcy protection is the fairest way to compensate victims of clergy sexual abuse while continuing its operations …
Archdiocese responds to latest sex abuse allegations
(Archdiocese of Agana) – In regard to the latest lawsuits and allegations of clergy sexual abuse to be filed, Archbishop Michael Byrnes extends prayers to Mr. Morgan Wade Paul, Mr. Benny Manglona, Mr. Johnny Bascon, Mr. Albino Bascon and Mr. Roque …
Please follow and like us: