The Daily Rant:
Where in the hell does the Catholic Archdiocese keep finding all of these sexual deviant freaks and WHY IN THE HELL DO THEY KEEP MAKING THEM INTO PRIESTS WITH ACCESS TO, AND PRACTICALLY UNLIMITED AUTHORITY OVER, CHILDREN???
OMG, it’s like they’re churning them out on some factory production line somewhere!
It seems like they have thousands, or tens of thousands, of known sexual predators all on the payroll in authority positions in charge of children (and they have pretty much forever) and instead of actually taking any meaningful steps to fix the problem, they just follow behind them with their checkbook and guilt trips and cover up the mess as they go along.
Why does the Catholic Archdiocese keep responding with such impotence and keep acting like they can’t get in front of this thing? I have a few suggestions:
- How about doing a thorough background check every 3 years on every priest, including interviews with the children they interact with?
- How about an ongoing public education program to teach every single child in the church that it is NOT okay, and they are NOT required, and it is NOT “God’s Will” for them to have sexual relations with gross old pedophile priests?
- Or here’s a novel thought: How about IMMEDIATELY REMOVING any priest currently known to have EVER sexually assaulted a child, defrock them, kick them out of the church and turn them over to the police SO THEY CAN GO TO PRISON WHERE THEY BELONG???
- How about starting today, EACH INSTANCE of sexual abuse, regardless of how long ago it occurred, by ANY member of the Catholic Archdiocese worldwide will result in an automatic, mandatory $5,000,000 non-negotiable payment by the church to the victim and a mandatory defrocking of, and public apology by, the offending clergy member and the head of the diocese and then the church hands over the defrocked priest to the police for sexual crimes against children and fully cooperates with their prosecution? That would put a stop to this nonsense so fast it would make everyone’s head spin.
If you want to get the attention of an entity as rich as the Catholic church, you need to hit them hard in the wallet.
- How about if one priest assaults one kid 10 times, it’s a $50 million payment to the kid, lifetime ban of the priest from ever being near kids again, defrock him and kick him out of the church in public shame after a public apology and the church accepts responsibility and apologizes in public too and then hands over the priest to the police and cooperate fully with his prosecution.
- Or if one priest assaults 50 kids, 20 times each over a period of a 30-year career and it’s a mandatory non-negotiable payment of $100 million per kid x 50 kids for a total of $5 billion for one priest plus the same apologies and cooperation with authorities to put the priest in prison. If that were law, the Catholic Archdiocese pedophile priest problem would literally go away OVERNIGHT!
We need to implement laws that make it so expensive for the Catholic church to hire and then hide these sexual deviants that they start stepping up, doing the right thing and actually solving the problem and getting rid of these freaks once and for all.
Judge sees progress in St. Paul Archdiocese Cases
Archdiocese and Ramsey County officials reached a settlement in December calling for an “aggressive” timeline to implement “substantial” changes — including a new child-protection plan and protocols, Ramsey County Chief Judge Teresa Warner said.
— Phillip Pina (@PhilPina) December 20, 2016
Sex abuse victim questions Seattle archdiocese transparency
A woman who won a $950,000 judgment against the Seattle archdiocese last month for negligence related to her 1983 rape by a janitor at a Seattle Catholic grade school, has issued a public rebuke of how the settlement was portrayed to parishioners.
Latest from me on delay in extraditing former Catholic monk to face trial over child sex abuse claims https://t.co/335PBcUydr
— Mark Daly (@BBCMarkDaly) December 20, 2016
Lawsuit: Archdiocese still pays Brouillard
A lawsuit alleges that the Archdiocese of Agana still sends regular retirement payments to former Guam priest Louis Brouillard, who is accused in seven of the 13 clergy sex abuse lawsuits filed so far against the archdiocese and current and former …
Archdiocese of Agaña enters a new, troubling era
With the Archdiocese of Agaña facing 13 lawsuits alleging child sexual abuse – and the real potential for additional suits to follow – the Catholic Church is preparing for what could be a drawn out and highly publicized exposure of alleged abuses and …
13th lawsuit filed against Archdiocese for sexual abuse claims
Another sexual abuse victim has come forward with allegations of sexual abuse against the Archdiocese of Agana in a lawsuit that was filed Friday.
This latest lawsuit comes from James Bascon who accused former Guam priest Father Louis Brouillard …
Competing Archdiocese bankruptcy plans to go to creditors for a vote
Competing bankruptcy payment plans drawn up by the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis and victims of clerical sexual abuse will go to the victims as well as parishes, vendors and other creditors for a vote.
Judge Robert Kressel, presiding over the …
— Temple Law School (@TempleLaw) December 20, 2016
Endgame may be near in Twin Cities archdiocese bankruptcy case
There is a chance that archdiocese leaders could reach a settlement with hundreds of sex abuse victims and emerge from bankruptcy by the summer.
A Thursday court hearing could shed some light.
Seen here is the inside of the St. Paul Cathedral. Jeffrey …
NEARLY 50 SEX ABUSE CLAIMS FILED IN NY ARCHDIOCESE https://t.co/kM6PsK9RjU
— Christl.Leidkultur (@benedict_16) December 19, 2016
Nearly 50 Sex Abuse Claims Filed in NY Archdiocese
NEW YORK (ChurchMilitant.com)
Forty-six people have registered claims of sex abuse in the archdiocese of New York through a newly developed victims’ compensation program.
The compensation program was established by Cdl.
Timothy Dolan in early …
Catholic church seeks files related to sex abuse
The Archdiocese of Agana, which faces 13 lawsuits in connection with alleged child sexual abuse, has asked the Legislature for background information about the recent law that lifted the statute of limitations and made it possible to sue the church.
Archdiocese continues to pray for sex abuse victims
The Archdiocese of Agana continues to extend prayers to all victims of sexual abuse and their families.
In a press release the church acknowledges the latest lawsuit filed by Robert Aguon Perez, who confirms he was molested by Father David Anderson.
Timonium church volunteer charged with sexual abuse
A volunteer was under investigation for suspected sexual abuse and asked anyone with information to contact police, archdiocese officials said.
Smalls had volunteered at the church since 2010, the archdiocese said.
In 2010 and in 2015, he passed …
New priest named in child sex abuse claim
12TH SUIT FILED:
Documents filed by plaintiff attorney David Lujan name Robert Aguon Perez as the 12th claimant in a series of suits filed on behalf of child sexual abuse survivors against various named and unnamed parties within the Archdiocese of …
Priest in child porn case had been vetted by Rome on prior sex abuse claim
The accuser, who did not file a lawsuit or seek money from the archdiocese, questioned how the church could allow a potential threat into its parishes, particularly so soon after the clergy sexual abuse crisis exploded into national view two years …
Vatican trial finds three El Salvadoran priests guilty of sex abuse
Three El Salvadoran priests have been found guilty of sexual abuse against minors at a Vatican ecclesiastical trial and suspended from their priestly duties, San Salvador’s Catholic Church announced Sunday.
Archbishop Jose Luis Escobar of San Salvador …
Across region, outdated sex abuse laws have loopholes
Laura and Antonio Siracusa were horrified when then discovered their teenage daughter was in a sexual relationship with her Spanish teacher from Cardinal Spellman High School in Brockton seven years ago.
The daughter and teacher denied they were a …
Catholic nursery volunteer charged with sex abuse
27 learned that a 4-year-old girl told her mother that a man volunteering in the Catholic nursery during Mass sexually abused her.
Twenty-six-year-old Terrence Smalls of Cockeysville was charged with sex abuse of a minor and other offenses Thursday.
Swiss bishops create fund to pay victims of Catholic clerics’ sex abuse
“Victims should receive justice and the perpetrators must be brought to justice even if the abuse took place a long time ago,” the statement from SBK said.
Sexual abuse scandals have long haunted the Catholic Church.
They have reportedly cost the US …