Car Crash Statistics
A common occurrence, yet and still something most drivers try to avoid, a car crash affects all parties involved. Car crashes can range from a mere inconvenience or a life-altering event. On the more drastic side, it could end in thousands of dollars spent in repairs, medical bills or even have a fatal outcome.
Defensive driving is recommended by experts for all drivers. It is important to take proper precautions while on the road to keep yourself and those around you safe. But unfortunately, no matter how competent a driver one may be, there are times when a car crash is unavoidable.
Car crash statistics:
- About three million people in the US are injured every year in car accidents, according to the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
- In 2019 (the last year data was reported), the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) indicates there were 36,096 fatal crashes for the year.
- The CDC notes almost 3,700 people die daily as a result of auto-related crashes.
- 53% of car fatal crashes that occurred in 2019 were the result of single-vehicle incidents, as indicated by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
- It is estimated by the NHTSA that 5 to 6 million car accidents happen in the U.S. each year.
- In 2019 (the last year date was collected) the Insurance Information Institute (III) found 7,680 pedestrians were involved in fatal crashes.
Table of contents:
- How many people die in car accidents?
- Car crash statistics in 2021
- Car crash statistics state-by-state
- Risk factors
- The impact of car crashes
- Car accident prevention
How many people die in car accidents?
According to the most recent reporting from the IIHS in 2019, there were 36,096 fatalities due to car accidents. When looking at the prior year, this figure reflects a 2% decrease, despite vehicle miles traveled showing a slight increase of 0.8%. This has been a nationwide trend for the past three years, which is a positive sign.
See the full, original post here: https://www.bankrate.com/insurance/car/car-crash-statistics/
About TriMark Legal Funding
TriMark Legal Funding was founded in 2003 and is one of America's most-respected national lawsuit funding companies. TriMark provides pre settlement loans and post settlement loans, also called lawsuit cash advances, to injured plaintiffs on hundreds of different types of personal injury, employment, and work injury accident lawsuits. We also help you sell structured settlement payments and provide law firm financing for plaintiffs' attorneys and law firms throughout the United States.
|Work Injury Accidents||Personal Injury Accidents|
Click here to see the original article.